Several friends and family have asked me to continue blogging about the family and crazy things that happen here at the farm. I really enjoying writing, so here we go again!
My goal is to post 2 or at the most 3 times a week. I will post about the kids, the cows, and all the silly things that happen. I will also post some of our favorite recipes. I really don't know what days of the week I will post, it just kind of depends on what is going on here. I intended to post this last night, but when I finally made it in the house I crashed.
Yesterday, I spent a good deal of time at my desk planning an upcoming meeting for a state wide organization I am a part of. I also learned that I will be writing a monthly article for this organization. I am looking forward to this. It will be a little bit interesting because it is due more than a month before it is published. I know this is how the magazine world works, just new to me.
While I was finishing up my phone call around lunch, I got a text from Papa (my father-in-law) that said, "Need you at barn, Missy problem." Missy is one of the heifers that had been being shown and was due to have her calf any day now. Papa seemed to think she was having some trouble having her calf, so we got her in the chute and helped her out a little. Missy is the proud momma to beautiful heifer calf. I am working on a post all about Missy and her calf for later this week
After we finished birthing the baby calf, Papa took Cooper to the house for a nap and I started feed cows, filling calf feeders and putting out hay. Feeding cows is always slightly exciting and yesterday did not disappoint. More on that later.



No comments:
Post a Comment