Cooper and Andi Beth

Cooper and Andi Beth

Friday, February 21, 2014

My Running Story in 250 words


This is not my normal type of post, but I have joined a blog link up hosted by a blog I LOVE to read – The Lady Okie – I found her through Pinterest. She is really funny. Go check her out as well as some of the other blogs that linked up! On to the story

I tried running in the 7th grade, my coach put me in the mile and the mile and half runs. Every day in practice he said, “Go run.” So, I would run as far and as fast as I could which was about 200 meters, and then I would walk for the next 30 minutes.  I went to two track meets and thought I would die during my events.  I vowed to NEVER run again.

Fifteen years and 2 kids later I desperately wanted to lose the baby weight. I started walking and joined a boot camp class. About 3 months later a friend I was working out with said she was going to do a 5K, so I said I will TRY one! The race was fun. I kept running and did several 5K’s other the next year. I wanted to do more, but I really did not want to run more than 3 miles. I sometimes get bored with running.

I checked into Nacogdoches Endurance Training and they were starting Triathlon training, so I signed up. I completed my first triathlon in June 2013.

I still run as an addition to my boot camp class, or sometimes I run when I can’t make it to boot camp. I am not training for anything specific now.


Sometimes when my hubby gets home I have my running shoes on and I tell him, “Watch the kids, I need to go run!” I always come back in a better mood!



These are my running shoes that I use when the county road is muddy - Like today!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on completing your triathlon - what an incrdible accomplishment!! I ALWAYS come back from a run in a better mood - one of the many reasons why I love running!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I'm not the only one who needs to run away from her children! ;) Congrats on the triathalon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always come back in a better mood too! It's funny how that works :) I really want to make sure I find time to run after I have kids too. You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete