Saturday night we drove in from the Ft. Worth Stock Show, in
Ft. Worth Texas. There had been a slow drizzly rain most of the way home, and
our suitcases had been in the trailer so they were a bit wet. In effort to keep
the clothes from souring and to keep myself from having too much work on
Monday, I quickly through them all in the wash with a color catcher and thought
they will be fine. Sunday after church I through them in the dryer so that they
would be ready to fold this morning, or so I thought.
I dropped the sheets from my bed in the washer first thing
and turned on the dryer to fluff the kid’s clothes before I got them out to
start folding. I found a basket (I had to fold the clothes that were in it) and
went to get the clothes from the dryer. Now by this point both kids were up and
playing. I opened my dryer and started pulling clothes out of the dryer. The first
thing I pulled out was one of Andi Beth’s white shirts; I looked like something
had faded on it. I looked closer and something brown was on it, I thought cow
poop? Then remembered that she only wore this shirt a short while and not to
the cow barn. I looked closer and realized that something had gotten on it in
the wash. I would later figure out it was in the dryer actually. I looked at a
couple more things and there was more of this brown substance………………Thinking,
thinking…..hmmmm……When I took the clothes from the wash there was purple candy
paper in there……....It was coming back to me now. When we were leaving the
banquet Friday night, Andi Beth put a piece of dove chocolate in her pants
pocket to hide it from Cooper…..Dig in the dryer a little more….here are the
jeans she wore and look a square brown stain right at the bottom of the pocket.
Pause; don’t lose your cool mom….CALLING FULL NAME IN A LOUD VOICE…..Andi Beth
comes running. She confirmed she did put the chocolate in her pants and forgot
to take it out. We had a long talk about how there are certain things that we
NEVER put in our pockets and chocolate is one of those things. Oh and Note to
mom…..Start checking pants pockets.
It is important to note here that we were in Ft. Worth for 3
days wearing 2 suits of clothes every day. My kids don’t have that many good
clothes so, ALL of their best clothes were in that load of clothes. I was
trying not to panic and be upset, because after all it was as much my fault as
it was Andi Beth’s, maybe more. I took all the clothes from the dryer and
checked it. No chocolate left inside the dryer. Put the sheets in the dryer.
Put the now Chocolate covered clothes back in the wash with a lot of liquid
detergent and Clorox2 and turned the machine on soak. Fortunately, the chocolate
had gotten on the clothes after the dryer had gotten hot so it was not completely
dried on. After a couple of hours of soaking and another wash cycle, the
clothes are back in the dryer with NO chocolate on them!! So much for being
ahead of the game today!!
Crisis Averted!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment