Normally I get up about 5am four (or three) morning a week
to go to my boot camp class at Genesis Fitness. Sometimes, when I don’t feel
like getting up, I will go to the evening class. Yesterday when my alarm went
off, I did not want to go work out. I told Andy I would just go to the evening
class, and I rolled over to go back to sleep. About 60 seconds later I heard
the puppies start to move around and knew they needed to go out. At that point
I knew I might as well get up, get dressed, and go because taking the puppies
out would take a few minutes then it would be about 40 minutes until it was
time for Andy to get up. So, getting any extra sleep was really out of the
question.
So, I got dressed, let the puppies go potty and put them
back to bed, and got in the car. All this time I was telling myself that the
only workout I ever regretted was the one I did not go to.
I made it to the gym only about 2 minutes late, which really
is normal. We had a great workout. Joseph is amazing. It was great to see the
ladies I work out with as well. As I was heading home, I was thinking, “I am so
glad I did not miss that workout!”
Then I looked out my window, the sun was coming over the
trees and I saw the most beautiful sunrise.
I see the sunrise most mornings, but somehow this morning seemed
different. It was like God was saying, “See what you would have missed.” No I
did not manage to snap a picture; I was too busy enjoying the sunrise
I continued my drive home. When I turned on the county road
I saw the two doe deer that I see most mornings, and with a closer look I saw
their fawns. We see fawns from time to
time, but this morning I got to see this pair pretty close up. I love seeing
fawns, I have seen deer all my life and they are really common here on the
farm, but I was grown before I ever saw a fawn in the wild. Just another thing
I would have missed if I would have slept late.
When Andy got home yesterday afternoon and asked if I wanted
to go check the cows at the lease pasture. Of course, I said yes! Andy asked if
I was sure I didn’t need to go work out, and I told him I was glad I had gone
this morning. I had also done my endurance workout earlier in the day, thanks
to the energy I had from going to boot camp.
Cooper decided he would ride with us. So we all loaded up
and headed to check the cows. We had lots of fun. I enjoyed watching Cooper and
Andy together. Cooper loves the cows.
It was good family time. All family time I would have missed
if I would have waited until this afternoon to work out!
And it was inspiration to get up this morning and go.
I love the way working out makes me feel. I love that I have
a trainer that offers a class so that I can work out and stay fit and not interfere
with my wonderful family time!

No comments:
Post a Comment