If you have ever read the post A girl and her dog,
you know that we had three sweet dogs.
Lady – the dog the post is about and Micky and Buck the dogs
Andy and I each had when we got married.
Well almost a year and a half ago we lost our sweet Micky. I could not
talk about it here when it happened. It was pretty sad around here for several
days. But we had Lady and she did soften the blow of losing Micky some.
Sometime last summer Lady took up with Papa. She started
riding the Kubota with him and she started staying at their house. When it got
cold Nana started letting her sleep inside. The long and short – Lady moved out
and moved in with Nana and Papa. She still comes to visit sometimes and will
sleep on the porch. Well after she moved out, Andi Beth started asking for a
puppy again. To make matters worse her cousin M adopted a sweet little dog
named Daisy.
We spent part of mother’s day weekend with my sister-in-law,
B and M and the new dog. All the way home Andi Beth asked for a puppy, and
finally I gave in. I had seen a picture of some cute shelter puppies on Facebook,
and decided to call about them. Those puppies were gone, but they had some Chorkie
puppies. Part Yorkie, part Chihuahua.
After Andi Beth left for school Cooper and I, along with my
mom, went to the shelter to look at the puppies. The mistake I made was to take
Cooper with me. We ended up bringing two puppies home. We named them Addie Rose
and Sassy.
As luck would have it Sassy got sick and did not make it, so
I went back to the shelter and got the last puppy from the litter. A boy, we
named Rocky.
Addie Rose and Rocky had made themselves part of this
family. I am not sure what we would do without them. They go with us whenever they can. The kids
love playing with them!
Here are a few pictures of them
Cooper is trying to get to Rocky to ride in the back of his truck
Sister is trying to tell him how to do it!
He gave up on the back and decide Rocky should ride in his lap.
The puppies really want to cuddle with Buck, but he is not happy about it.
This is the two of them in the car going to the 4th of July party.
All of these pictures were taken with my iphone. Not something I usually post, but it was all I had
No comments:
Post a Comment